Marisa Romeo

Hey guys!

I hope everyone’s summer is swell. I have had a very adventurous summer so far! I went on a three-week road trip with Gabe through 16 states, including North Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, and Virginia. It was a blast and I was able to see so much of the beautiful country! Some of my favorite places I visited were the Pikes Peak, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, and Arches National Park. One morning, Gabe and I woke up at 4:15am, planning to summit Pikes Peak. We were about 4 miles away from the peak and we came up on knee deep snow. We were wearing shorts and t-shirts, and only had light jackets. As much as we wanted to summit, we had to turn around because of the snow. The hike was still awesome though! Over the trip, I learned how to drive Gabe’s stick shift Jeep, camped almost every night, hiked and ran a lot, played some soccer, did some thrift shopping, ate good food, and of course, experienced some super awkward situations.
I got home last weekend and am getting back into a routine for the summer now. I’m getting back into my training routine and am about to start the internship I have lined up for the summer! I will be working at the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center Translational Science Institute and will be doing nutrition education and outreach, gardening and leading cooking classes, and will be doing some nutrition research! I’m super pumped to be back home, see my family, and I can’t wait for the rest of the summer! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and preparing for next season! I can’t wait to be back at Wilson with all of you guys and have an awesome soccer season! Love you all!


P.S. here are some pictures from the trip:








Comments

Popular Posts