Grace Hamlin

Hey y’all!
I hope you all are having great summers! My job this summer has been nannying my brother’s 21 month old daughter, Emily, because my sister-in-law recently went back to work. A year ago they moved from D.C. to Buffalo where my family lives so we are thrilled that the family is all together in one city. My days are fairly monotonous but there are definitely many moments of cuteness and hilarity. Emily is really into the Raffi Pandora station (did any of y’all listen to him when you were young?), she loves the song Five Little Monkeys (jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head etc…), and her favorite food is Annies Cheddar Bunnies. 

It's pretty much a lost cause to get her to hold still, hence the blurriness! 

 Post-bath cuddles


 In the evenings when my brother and SIL get home I head out to the gym for a few hours. I recently discovered a workout class that is both fun and exhausting; it’s one of those weightlifting classes that’s choreographed to music, which sounds ridiculous, but it’s pretty motivating. It’s called Bodypump and if you’ve ever wanted to do tricep dips to the rhythm of Macklemore’s “Can’t Hold Us”, you should give this class a go. 

On the weekends I get a break from baby-chasing and I go to my parent’s house where my bedroom has been turned into my mom’s storage room/third closet. I've been watching the World Cup games with my dad on the weekends; how suspenseful was that U.S. vs. Portugal game!?!

Something I’m looking forward to is that next month I’m going to road trip out to New Hampshire for a weekend to visit my sister and go to her graduation from her masters program in Waldorf Education. I’m super excited to see her and I’m going to also meet her new boyfriend! Definitely going to have to make sure he deserves the sisterly stamp of approval! 

My big sis Emma and her boyfriend Matt.

I can't wait to see you all at Wilson for preseason! Even though I won't be playing this year, I'm going to stay involved with the team by helping out with whatever needs to be done. I can't imagine being at Wilson without soccer as a part of my life!

Uh oh, Emily's awake, gotta run!
Much love from New York,
Grace


Comments

Popular Posts