Malory Monroe


Hooters!
                I hope you are all having a great summer! I’ve spent most of mine working at a summer camp counseling a group of seven-year-old boys (they’re as gross as you would think). I make them play soccer at least once a week because they can’t argue and be gross if they’re chasing me around :). I work long hours at camp, so I usually run the trails on campus when I get off and jumping over trees is a work out. The other day I was running with a coworker and we thought it would be smart to run a new trail but lime five feet in we found a snake which definitely sped up our run back. Outside of camp I went on a cruise to Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman. All of those countries were beautiful in their own way and it was awesome to see how happy the people were with the little that they had. Honduras was definitely my favorite and we had a tour with a local who was really fun. We talked about soccer and he told us that he was supposed to be trying out for Honduras’ team soon. The weekend after we got back from the cruise we took a trip to New Orleans for my mom’s birthday. New Orleans was super fun and somewhere that I plan on going back to soon because there were just so many different kinds of people and they really do have a whole different culture. I’ve been working since we got back from New Orleans and will be for the rest of the summer, as well as continuing to work on my conditioning and hopefully avoiding snakes while I do it! Can’t wait to see you guys in August and start the season!


My crazy work family!




Hugging trees in Mexico




Honduras had really cool cats too!


Comments

Popular Posts