Carly Andrews

Hi Hooters!

 Hope everyone’s summer is getting along swimmingly. I am lucky enough to be doing a research internship in Austin, Texas this summer! I will be here for ten weeks, studying how wildfire effects native plant communities. Specifically, we are trying to determine if performing controlled burns at specific times of the year can control a common invasive grass, King Ranch Bluestem. I have spent many hours out in the Texas sun, collecting data! We have seen lots of plants, and some interesting wildlife too, including several hare, deer, and quail sightings.


 I have also been exploring Austin. I saw the famous bat colony of Congress Bridge and swam at Barton Springs. I also have been taking advantage of the music scene, and saw one of my favorite bands, Belle and Sebastian. My dorm is right next to Clark Field, a fantastic lighted turf field where there is pick-up soccer almost every night! 





I am so excited for our fall season! Lets work hard and come in fit so we can make the most of our time together. 

See you in August! ❤❤

Comments

Popular Posts