Kat Camara

Hey ladies! It's Kat here! I love the idea of us all writing blog posts this summer to stay connected. I hope everyone has had the time to soak up the sun, be by yourself in nature and eat really yummy home cooked food! 

My summer started out with Ally Miller, some of you may remember her from freshman year because she was my roommate, coming to visit me here in Vermont. I showed her burlington, we went hiking and spent a lot of time catching up. 

Some of you may know, but I recently purchased my own mountain bike!!! I'm so thrilled about it! I had the chance to meet up with my friend Maia and go riding in Stowe Vermont which has an awesome network of trails. Mountain biking in Vermont is a little different than in North Carolina because the trails are covered in roots and huge rocks! It was really fun to get out on my bike though and I only fell a couple of times...

I then packed my backpack and went to Kroka for a week to lead a week long program for 21 4th graders. Kroka expeditions is the wilderness school that I work for in the summer. This program was focused on farming, so we had the students working on six different farm projects each morning. By the end of the week, they had rotated through each project and nearly finished them all! In the afternoons, we took them on adventures like canoeing and a nature walk. It was so hot and buggy this week, but fortunately enough, Kroka has a beautiful swimming pond that we cooled off in which helped sooth our bug bites. By the end of the week, I was exhausted and excited to go home for two more weeks before my return back to Kroka in mid June.

When I got home, I celebrated my birthday! I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!!!

Until my return to Kroka for the rest of the summer, I have been co-teaching a lifeguard certification class, hiking, biking and running. I can't wait to see how all of your Summer's play out. Keep busting your butts this summer so that we can go into preseason fit and ready to go! Lots of love ya'll and stay in touch <3 

Kitty Kat 

Comments

Popular Posts