Sydney Grange

Hi Everyone!

It’s been great to read about some of your summers, I’ve enjoyed hearing about what everyone has been up to! It’s crazy how quickly summer is wrapping up, but I can’t wait to be on the field with you all soon!

After the completion of my study abroad program in Panama I spent the first two weeks of summer traveling throughout the country with Ben, my partner. We had a lot of fun exploring, hiking snorkeling, visiting coffee farms etc… It was a nice closure to the end of the semester and an enjoyable start to the summer.
Ben & I eating some yummy coconut on an island in Guna Yala, Panama.

I then headed to New Hampshire for an internship with the Post-Landfill Action Network. This nonprofit focuses on building the student led zero waste movement through implementing waste diversion initiatives on college campuses across the country. There were 7 interns in total from all over the country-- all with differing summer positions. I was one of the Movement-Building Interns and spent most of my time researching, contacting communities on the frontlines of waste issues and compiling case studies to summarize their struggles and efforts. It was a great group of people I definitely have learned a lot from the experience. When not in the office, we had many opportunities to learn from various trips-- ranging from visits to recycling facilities and landfills to canoe trips and community visits. I had never been to New Hampshire before this internship but I found it to be a very beautiful state with plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities which was nice!




I had to leave my internship a bit early and am now back home in California briefly before soccer starts. It has been nice to spend some time with family and friends.

I am very excited for the season and can’t wait to see all of you super soon :)!

Love,
Syd (Grange) <3
 


Comments

Popular Posts